Monday, May 23, 2011

Blessed be Your Name

The sermon series "Questions?" wrapped up yesterday with Kyle York delivering a powerful word on "What's the Point of My Pain?" This particular topic is near to my heart anyway..mostly for two reasons: because of how our Father has shown me so powerfully (yet ever so gently) why things have happened in my own life and how He is using it for His glory, and even more, He has blessed me with a passion to see other women come to this same place in thier faith journey.
The message was also timely..we can barely watch the reports coming out of Joplin, Missouri. The death toll is rising. The devestation is unbareable. The beautiful words written by Mandi Mapes after the earthquake disaster in Haiti have been running through my mind all morning..I meditate on them often..

In Your arms
is where I want to be
when my world
comes crashing down on me
so hold me close
keep me Yours always
bid me, break me, be my rock
for now and all my days

whom have I
when my heart begins to fail
when sorrow fills the streets
and sounds of death prevail
Jesus is my hope
and I know He stills the wind
so take my very life away
as long as I get Him

my soul longs
for the day I'll see Your face
when sin and death will pass
and tears are wiped away
so let the sky fall down
and earth and cities quake
and I'll say of my God and King
Lord, blessed be Your name

blessed be, blessed be Your name
blessed be Your holy name

"The LORD, the LORD God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth.." Ex 34:6

He never leaves His throne.

No comments: