Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Body

First, You showed me Yourself. I believed You. Then You showed me Your will for me--the hope of my calling. I heard YOU, Father, but I listened to man. Wholeness. Perfection. To be completely unbroken.  I strived for this.  I strive for it.  I hear You, Lord. I will never reach it. It is not Your plan. Broken to Beautiful, You say. Bring darkness to light. I don't have to be good enough to walk out Your plans for me. I don't have to be whole enough, fixed enough..You call--We answer..period. I heard You, but I listened to man. "Stop regarding man who's breath of life is in his nostrils: Why should he be esteemed?" "I am the LORD your God who brought you up from the land of Egypt."

My faith faltered. Finally...renewed, I stepped forward. No. Limped forward. Then You took me by the hand and showed me the way. And now, now You show me that wholeness, that beautiful, elusive wholeness, is in the journey.... through the very ones you have called me to.


"And all these, having gained approval through their faith, did not receive what was promised,because God had provided something better for us,so that apart from us they should not be made perfect".
Hebrews 11:39-40

No comments: