Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Little Miracles

"Umm..Were you on fertility medication?"asked the sonographer. "No!?" Jason and I both replied in unison.. "Well, um..err..there are um two in here.." "WHAT?!?!"...Thank goodness Jason was holding Jackson (13 months at the time) or he may have passed out ;) ...and that is how monkey A (Will) and monkey B (John Wesley) made their debut into our lives. They will be turning three next week... little miracles. Identical twins--3 out of 1000 conceptions were their odds--and they made it.

Through my own personal journey, the Lord has blessed me with a unique heart and adoration for children, and the awareness that they truly are one of His greatest rewards...if you know my story.. a miracle.

"Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward." Psalm 127:3

He used the passion and love in my heart to cover any fear or anxiety over what was to come. Our little miracles were born 7 weeks early and had to live in the NICU for a month. For the duration of that month we were covered by our unbelievable church family with prayer and support. Leaving our babies--either one at home or two at the hospital--was very difficult. Our Father used that time to teach me patience, thankfulness for trials, and how to mother..REALLY mother my children. To go beyond myself to advocate for what is in their best interest...whether it hurts them,hurts me, makes me uncomfortable, or embarrasses me.. it took three babies for me to understand that fully...a miracle.

Jason and I came across the picture below last night. We talked about how it is a perfect example of the Lord's power and presence and His grace and peace during that time... The twins are two months, still on apnea monitors (you can see the wires), and five lbs each...Jackson is 21 months...We were so thankful and so at peace. There was no fear. Only joy. I look back at this picture now and think "How was I not afraid or overwhelmed?"...a miracle.

Philippians 4:6"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

No comments: